Position – ESL Online Teacher, English Global Gateway Program
What is the English Global Gateway Program?
This innovative program engages English language learners with rich content through interactive lessons that are co-delivered by Rosedale Academy and overseas partner schools in a blended model. The program promotes student English acquisition in a communicative and authentic approach which transforms “learning English” to “Learning in English”. This program helps students to develop stronger academic skills as well as a deeper global awareness that are critical in their intellectual and personal development.
What is Rosedale Academy?
Founded in June 2014 and powered from a centralized hub in Toronto (Ontario, Canada), Rosedale Academy is an independent global high school (BSID #668726) operated by Rosedale International Education Inc.
For additional information, please visit www.rosedaleacademy.com.
Under the direction of the ESL Program Manager of Rosedale Academy, you will:
- Teach ESL courses that align with the Ontario Ministry of Education’s (MOE) secondary school ESL courses
- Implement/deliver lesson plans that have been developed with detailed attention to learning goals, success criteria, differentiated learning activities and reflect expert thinking in online delivery
- Teach to a small group of students on virtual video conferencing platform (Zoom)
- Interact with students providing them with an engaging and interactive virtual learning experience
- Assess student work (assessment of learning) in a consistent manner that reflects the principles of Growing Success, measures MOE expectations and utilizes the rubrics that exist to compliment the assessment/evaluation tools
- Provide students with ongoing specific feedback that improves their academic performance
- Report on student achievement as required by MOE
Qualifications and Requirements
- Enjoys working with students
- Believes in innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- University Degree – Bachelor/Master of Education preferred
- TESOL (or equivalent)
- OCT preferred
- Experience in teaching the Ontario MOE ESLAO-EO courses
- Familiarity with educational technologies (specifically Moodle)
Class size: Class of 4, 10 or 15 students
Working hours: Flexible, according to your availability. Most time in early morning or evening
Compensation: by instructional hour
Application Deadline May 25, 2018
How to Apply
We encourage you to submit an application package in PDF format with subject “ ESL Online Teacher” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Cover letter